05Aralık 2017"Kanatların Gölgesinde Şengal Dile Gelirse" kitap tanıtımı İstanbul' da yapıldı.
PRINCIPLES OF THE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT PROGRAM
The Zan Foundation Educational Support Program has been prepared to contribute to the students, who are exposed to inequalities in education, for them to continue their learning process more easily. Students, who are war weary, exposed to forced migration or subjected to various kinds of violence in different dimensions or become otherized and students belonging to disadvantaged families and students with insufficient financial status will be given priority. The aim is to improve the current situation of these school-age students and to provide counseling and education support system to them.
The target group is the successful students from disadvantaged families (disabled, multi-child, widowed, abandoned or convicted families), forced migrants and war victims, victims of violence, otherized students, poorly financed students, and those whose educational capacities can be developed.
The Zan Foundation Educational Support Programı is carried out for 12 months while the scholarship program within the program is given for 10 months during which the education and training activities continue. In the remaining two months of the year, the amount accumulated in the donation account will be given to more students. The students who continue to have success and fulfill the desired criteria will continue to receive support in the following years and will be supported during their education and training years.
The program maintain its validity until the Board of Directors decides to close it.
Who can apply for scholarships within the scope of the program?
Students from secondaryschools, high schools and universities can apply for scholarship within the scope the Zan Foundation Educational Support Program.The sections defined above under the heading Target Group will be given priority. In addition, positive discrimination against gender (70% female student quota) will be applied during the evaluation of scholars.
What are the application documents?
Scholarship applicants must submit the following documents when they apply:
- Application form must be filled in
- Student certificate
- Birth certificate
- Certificate demonstrating the grades (success level)
- Photo (2X)
- Document demonstrating household income
- Coordinating the donations made for educational purposes.
- Developing various projects within the framework of the Zan Foundation Educational Support Program.
- Carrying out awareness-raising activities and sporting, cultural and artistic activities against the risks that the individuals who are entitled to receive scholarship from the Zan Foundation Educational Support Program may face during their education.
- Carrying out activities to increase educational capabilities and capacities.
- Enabling students to access to equipment and documents necessary for their education.
- Ensuring their participation in a variety of camps where they can improve their social relations during their vacation.
- Organizing mutual visits and information meetings to increase national and international awareness for the disadvantaged students
- Aims to carry out joint activities with other national and international institutions working in the field of the program, children and education and to give counseling support to the students at regular intervals during their education.
- Including the students in the activities held by the Zan Foundation within the framework of the program to gain experience in the direction of their interests.
General Terms of Education Support
- The families of students who apply for the education program are socio-economically in a "disadvantaged" position (deprived of social security, disabled, old, abandoned by his wife or husband or one of the spouces are dead etc.) or have been exposed to forced migration and are war weary, exposed to violence, otherized, or they are financially in a bad condition but the student is successful.
- The families of the students involved in the program do not neglect the educational needs of the student and support them to continue their education.
- Ensuring the continuity of the students benefiting from the Education Support Program to participate in the activities held by the Board of Directors of the Zan Foundation Educational Support Program.
- Students who benefit from educational support do not engage in behaviors that may hinder their education.
- The scholar shows a tendency to approach success in school
Monitoring and Evaluation Activities
- The students who will benefit from the program will be decided by the Board of Directors of the Zan Foundation Educational Support Program.
- The Board of Directors of the Zan Educational Support Program consists of a total of 7 members, 3 of which are members of the board of directors and 4 other members.
- The Board of Directors of the Zan Foundation chooses one person as program coordinator among the program executive board members. Apart from the program coordinator, the members of the program executive board work voluntarily in the program.
- The Program Executive Board is responsible to the Foundation's board of directors and the decisions they take enter into force after they have been approved by the Foundation's board of directors.
- The Follow-up and Development reports of the students who will benefit from the activities of the Educational Support Program will be prepared by the Board of Directors of the Zan Foundation Education Support Program and the files will be followed up.
- Follow-up of the scholars will be conducted by the Program Executive Board in coordination with the student's family and school.
- Females (70% female student quota) will be given priority in the target group to benefit from the program.
- Students who will benefit from the program will be directed to supportive activities of other institutions in their residential areas and will be enabled to benefit from various activities.
Within the Zan Foundation, an account number will be created to coordinate donations made to provide educational support to students in the framework of the program. If the donors or families request, they will be able to get in contact with the family of the student benefiting from educational support and see the consequences and effects of the donations they make. Thus, this will create a foundation for social interaction development between parents and students. Especially the development of social relations among students will be encouraged. Scholars will be followed up in the development of school achievement and other skills and, if necessary, will be included in supporting activities of other institutions operating in this field.